Happy birthday Madonna. You just turned 54! You still don't look 54 though. Madonna is the most celebrated female singer and rock star till date. She is equivalent to the likes of Michael Jackson. Here's a collection of quotes from the diva herself on love, life, girl power, men and fame. Enjoy!
1. “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That's why they don't get what they want.”
2. “I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.”
3. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you've come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.”
4. “I want to be like Gandhi and Martin Luther King and John Lennon but I want to STAY ALIVE.”
5. “I always wished that I could find someone as beautiful as you, but in the process I forgot that I was special too. ”
6. “To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return. To just give. That takes courage, because we don't want to fall on our faces or leave ourselves open to hurt.”
7. “I laugh at myself.
I don't take myself completely seriously.
I think that's another quality that people have to hold on to... you have to laugh, especially at yourself.”
8. “I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams.”
9. “To me, the whole process of being a brush stroke in someone else's painting is a little difficult”
10. “Only when I'm dancing can I feel this free.”
11. “I've been popular and unpopular successful and unsuccessful loved and loathed and I know how meaningless it all is. Therefore I feel free to take whatever risks I want.”
12. “Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.”
13. “There are moments when I can't believe I'm as old as I am. But I feel better physically than I did 10 years ago. I don't think, Oh God, I'm missing something.”
14. “There's no such thing as the perfect soul mate. If you meet someone and you think they're perfect, you better run as fast as you can in the other direction. 'Cos your soulmate is the person that pushes all your buttons, pisses you off on a regular basis, and makes you face your shit.”
15. “Everyone probably thinks that I'm a raving nymphomaniac, that I have an insatiable sexual appetite, when the truth is I'd rather read a book.”
16. “I have the same goal I've had ever since I was a girl. I want to rule the world.”
17. "Fame is a by-product. Fame is something that should happen because you do work that speaks to people and people want to know about your work. Unfortunately the personality of people has taken over from the work and the artistry and it's this thing now that stands on its own. I don't think one should ever aspire to being famous."
18. “Only love can last.”
19. “I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.”
20. “I am rich and famous. I have a talented and gorgeous husband and two beautiful children. I could go on.”
21. “I wouldn't have turned out the way I was if I didn't have all those old-fashioned values to rebel against.”
22. "I must have been Japanese in a previous life. I'm pretty sure I was a warrioress. I can't explain it, I just know. I'm good at fighting - fighting with a big sword."
23. “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want that's why they don't get what they want”
24. "Never forget to dream."
25. “I would like to see the Pope wearing my T-shirt.”
26. “I am because we are. We all bleed the same color. We all want to love and be loved.”
27. “I'm not interested in being Wonder Woman in the delivery room. Give me drugs.”
28. "Children always understand. They have open minds. They have built-in shit detectors."
29. "I'm not interested in being Wonder Woman in the delivery room. Give me drugs."
30. "I feel just as hungry today as I did the day I left home."
31. "Catholicism is not a soothing religion. It's a painful religion. We're all gluttons for punishment."
32. "I'd love to be a memorable figure in the history of entertainment in some sexual, comic, tragic way. I'd like to leave the impression that Marilyn Monroe did, to be able to arouse so many different feelings in people."
33. " I think the ultimate challenge is to have some kind of style and grace, even though you haven't got money, or standing in society, or formal education. I had a very middle, lower-middle class sort of upbringing, but I identify with people who've had, at some point in their lives to struggle to survive. It adds another color to your character."
34. "I went to New York. I had a dream. I wanted to be a big star. I didn’t know anybody. I wanted to dance. I wanted to sing. I wanted to do all those things. I wanted to make people happy. I wanted to be famous. I wanted everybody to love me. I wanted to be a star. I worked really hard and my dream came true."
35. "I'm not going to compromise my artistic integrity."
36. "I've never really lived a conventional life, so I think it's quite foolish for me or anyone else to start thinking that I am going to start making conventional choices."
37. "People think they will wake up one day and I'll be gone. But I'm never going away."
38. "It's not my nature to just kick back."
39. "If I was a girl again, I would like to be like my fans, I would like to be like Madonna."
40. "Ever since my daughter was born I feel the fleetingness of time. And I don't want to waste it on getting the perfect lip color."
41. "The last thing I want is to raise a brat. We could definately go down the wrong road. I don't want Lola to have everything she wants. I want her to appreciate things, and not to be presumptuous. I want her to have manners and social graces."
42. "My having a child is not for public consumption. It's not a career move. It's not a performance to be judged or rated. Nor is my role as a mother."
43. "My father was very strong. I don't agree with a lot of the ways he brought me up. I don't agree with a lot of his values, but he did have a lot of integrity, and if he told us not to do something, he didn't do it either."
44. "I'm not a feminist, I'm a humanist. "
45. "I think my biggest flaw is my insecurity. I'm terribly insecure. I'm plagued with insecurities 24/7."
46. "The worst thing about being famous? I think it's what everybody says.. the lack of privacy and the idea that you're not really allowed to make mistakes and everything that you do is viewed under a microscope."
47. "Sometimes I look back at myself and remember things I used to say, or my hairstyle, and I cringe."
48. "I think you can be defiant and rebellious and still be strong and positive."
49. "I'd like to think I am taking people on a journey; I am not just entertaining people, but giving them something to think about when they leave."
50. "I sometimes think I was born to live up to my name. How could I be anything else but what I am having been named Madonna? I would either have ended up a nun or this."
Help us grow.
Follow us by one of the following options and stay linked.