Adele is the second female artist (after R&B singer Ashanti) to have three singles in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 at the same time, and the first female artist to have two albums in the top five of the Billboard 200 and two singles in the top five of the Billboard Hot 100 simultaneously. 21 is the longest running number one album by a female solo artist on the UK and US Albums Chart. In 2011, Billboard named Adele artist of the year. In 2012, Adele was listed at number five on VH1′s 100 Greatest Women In Music, and the American magazine Time named Adele one of the most influential people in the world. [wikipedia]
Here's a collection of some of Adele's best quotes on body image, confidence and success as a singer as well as some lines from her famous songs.
|4 Lyrics from "Someone like you"|
2. I like looking nice, but I always put comfort over fashion. I don’t find thin girls attractive; be happy and healthy. I’ve never had a problem with the way I look. I’d rather have lunch with my friends than go to a gym.
3. I like eating fine foods and drinking nice wine. Even if I had a really good figure, I don’t think I’d get my t**s and a** out for no one.
5. I love seeing Lady Gaga’s boobs and bum. I love seeing Katy Perry’s boobs and bum. Love it. But that’s not what my music is about. I don’t make music for eyes, I make music for ears.
6. I get so nervous on stage I can’t help but talk. I try. I try telling my brain: stop sending words to the mouth. But I get nervous and turn into my grandma. Behind the eyes it’s pure fear. I find it difficult to believe I’m going to be able to deliver.
9. In five years’ time I’d like to be a mum. I want to settle down and have a family, definitely sooner rather than later. I’d like to have finished my second album too, maybe even my third. I’d like a sound that sticks around that other people are inspired by and that people know is me.
10. Mum loves me being famous! She is so excited and proud, as she had me so young and couldn’t support me, so I am living her dream, it’s sweeter for both of us. It’s her 40th birthday soon and I’m going to buy her 40 presents.
11. Heartbreak can definitely give you a deeper sensibility for writing songs. I drew on a lot of heartbreak when I was writing my first album, I didn’t mean to but I just did.
12. I don’t really need to stand out, there’s room for everyone. Although I haven’t built a niche yet, I’m just writing love songs.
13. I like having my hair and face done, but I’m not going to lose weight because someone tells me to. I make music to be a musician not to be on the cover of Playboy.
14. I love hearing my audience breathe.
16. It’s never been an issue for me – I don’t want to go on a diet, I don’t want to eat a Caesar salad with no dressing, why would I do that? I ain’t got time for this, just be happy and don’t be stupid. If I’ve got a boyfriend and he loves my body then I’m not worried.
17. My voice went recently, never happened before, off like a tap. I had to sit in silence for nine days, chalkboard around my neck. Like an old-school mime. Like a kid in the naughty corner. Like a Victorian mute.
18. The focus on my appearance has really surprised me. I’ve always been a size 14 to 16, I don’t care about clothes, I’d rather spend my money on cigarettes and booze.
20. “I’d lose weight if I was an actress and had to play a role where you’re supposed to be 40 lbs lighter, but weight has nothing to do with my career. Even when I was signing a contract, most of the industry knew if anyone ever dared say lose weight to me, they wouldn’t be working with me.” … says Adele in People Magazine.
21. “I’ve never wanted to look like models on the cover of magazines. I represent the majority of women and I’m very proud of that.” … says Adele in the new issue of People Magazine.
|25 Lyrics from "Rolling in the deep"|
|26 Lyrics from "Someone like you"|
|28 Lyrics from "Rolling in the deep"|
|30 Lyrics from "I found a boy"|
What's your favorite Adele song?
|More Celebrity Quotes:|
Help us grow.
Follow us by one of the following options and stay linked.