'P.S. I Love You' Romantic Movie Quotes

P.S. I Love You Movie Quotes
P.S. I love you is a story about a young widow who discovers that her late husband has left her 10 messages intended to help ease her pain and start a new life. It comes by as a heart warming tale of a young couple's love for each other and how Holly copes when her husband, Gerry, dies suddenly of brain tumor. It is moving how the husband foresaw what Holly would soon be facing after his death so he decides to write letters to his wife that she will receive after his death. Each letter contains one step back towards life for Holly. The final one being where he tells her to accept life with arms wide open and embrace another love.

As a woman, this beautiful story tugged at my heart and no matter how many times I watch this movie, it never fails to move me. Here are some memorable quotes from this timeless classic, based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks. Enjoy!



P.S. I Love You Movie Quotes
Holly: My mother said it was a mistake marrying you because I loved you too much. "It won't last. " I don't wanna make any mistakes, Gerry.

Gerry: Well, you're in the wrong species, love. Be a duck. My baby. We're not a mistake just because we don't have any money. And we are gonna last. You know how I know? Because I still wake up every morning and the first thing I want to do is see your face.
---

Daniel: [reading Gerry’s last letter] Dear Holly, I don’t have much time. I don’t mean literally, I mean you’re out buying ice cream and you’ll be home soon. But I have a feeling this is the last letter, because there is only one thing left to tell you. It isn’t to go down memory lane or make you buy a lamp, you can take care of yourself without any help from me. It’s to tell you how much you move me, how you changed me. You made me a man, by loving me Holly. And for that, I am eternally grateful… literally. If you can promise me anything, promise me that whenever you’re sad, or unsure, or you lose complete faith, that you’ll try to see yourself through my eyes. Thank you for the honor of being my wife. I’m a man with no regrets. How lucky am I. You made my life, Holly. But I’m just one chapter in yours. There’ll be more. I promise. So here it comes, the big one. Don’t be afraid to fall in love again. Watch out for that signal, when life as you know it ends. P.S. I will always love you.
---
You might be interested in:

-->

Holly: Dear Gerry, you said you wanted me to fall in love again, and maybe one day I will. But there are all kinds of love out there. This is my one and only life. And it's a great and terrible and short and endless thing, and none of us come out of it alive. I don't have a plan... except, it's time my mom laughed again. She has never seen the world. She has never seen Ireland. So, I'm taking her back where we started. Maybe now she'll understand. I don't know how you did it, but you brought me back from the dead. I'll write to you again soon. P.S... Guess what?
---



P.S. I Love You Movie Quotes
Holly: This is my one and only life, and it’s a great and terrible and short and endless thing, and none of us come out of it alive.
---

Gerry: My life had changed right there, I’m not worried about you remembering me luv, you need to remember that girl on the road.
---

Patricia: I bet you’ve had a hard time walking into a room full of people on your own, right? Yeah. I know that. I know what it is not to feel like your in the room until he looks at you or touches your hand or even makes a joke at your expense, just to let everyone know… you’re with him. You’re his.
---

Gerry: You made me a man by loving me , Holly, and for that i am eternaly greatful… literally. If you can promise me anything, promise me that when ever you are sad or unsure, or you lose complete faith..then you’ll try and see yourself through my eyes.
---

Gerry: I know what I want because I have it in my hands right now. Do you? Do you know what you want? Because you better tell me now if I’m not it.
---

Gerry: That’ll be the end of it.
Holly: End of what?
Gerry: Life as we know it.
---

Patricia: So now, all alone or not, you gotta walk ahead. Thing to remember is if we're all alone, then we're all together in that too.
---


P.S. I Love You Movie Quotes
Patricia: You know the worst thing for a parent... second after losing a child? Watching your child head for the same life you had. You can't stop it. It's a terrible, helpless feeling. Makes you angry all the time. And I've been angry. For a very long time. I'm exhausted.

Holly: Do you think we'll ever see dad again?

Patricia: No sweetheart, never. So you have to stop waiting.
---


Holly: All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?

Gerry: Yeah... you're saying you want to paint socks.

Holly: Maybe!
---


Holly: When daddy left, I was fourteen, and I said… That’s it, never again, no man. And then I meet Gerry. This wonderful man happens to me and then, and then he died! What was the point?

I’m so angry I could kill somebody. I’m alone, and it doesn’t matter what job I have or what I do or what I don’t do or what friends I have, he’s not here. I mean you’re alone no matter what.
---

Daniel: I really like you but I can’t be the Invisible Man, I’m tired of being the shoulder, I want to be another body part, I want to use up a woman so she’s ruined for all other men.




Like it?
Help us grow.
Follow us by one of the following options and stay linked.


Facebook Fan Page My Twitter Page Email Me Subscribe to RSS Feed StumbleUpon
Delicious